Presenters are sought for inclusion in the agenda of the CAPSLE 2021 conference in Fredericton, NB from May 2-4, 2021. This annual conference attracts experienced educators, lawyers, academics and others interested in the relationship between education and law, and more specifically in the practical application of the law in the education context.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
• Name, address, title of presenter and contact information including telephone number and email address;
• Brief personal details (position held and institution/organization) or CV;
• Title of proposed paper and a brief explanation as to how the paper will address the conference theme of Rivers of Change: Trans-Canada Trends in Education Law;
• Brief summary of the proposal paper: 50-100 words; and
• Checklist outlining the helpful, primary points participants will take away from your presentation.
While all proposals for the presentations will be considered with interest, there are a few topics that are always of interest, in addition to new and emerging issues:
• the impact and implications of the pandemic on Canadian education systems;
• Student issues, including collective and individual rights, students with special needs, Charter rights of students and educators;
• Governance and funding issues;
• Legal issues related to technology in education;
• Competing interest of teachers and other education workers, employers, students, parents, funders, policy makers and communities;
• Collective bargaining;
• Duty to accommodate;
• Schools as workplaces and a public resource;
• Health and safety;
• Educators as role models (personal and private lives of employees);
• Managing and leading change in education;
• #metoo and the roles and responsibilities of education; and
• Truth & Reconciliation and supporting Indigenous learners
We encourage presenters to promote opportunities for discussion and interaction between presenter(s) and participants.
The program will include keynote/plenary sessions and approximately 35 concurrent sessions. Sessions are generally 75 minutes in duration. Individual, group or panel presentations are welcome. In keeping with CAPSLE’s mandate, we strongly encourage presenters to submit joint or panel presentations which will provide, for example, both union and management perspectives on any given topic. We also welcome submissions in either English or French, as well as those with a focus on post-secondary education.
Submitted papers will be made available to attendees at the conference and will be added to the Members Only page of the CAPSLE website.
An electronic copy of your paper will be required on or before March 31, 2021 for inclusion on the conference papers external drive.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 31, 2020
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION ADDRESS:
CAPSLE – Canadian Association for the Practical Study of Law in Education
37 Moultrey Cres.
Connect with CAPSLE on Twitter! Find us at @_CAPSLE